White bean salad with sardines
(at time of publication)
- ½ x 420g can butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ red chilli, sliced (optional)
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 106g can sardines in spring water, drained
- 1 cup salad greens (such as spinach, rocketarugulaX, mesclun)
1 Combine beans, tomato, lemon juice, olive oil, chilli (if using) and radish in a bowl. Mix well.
2 Add sardines and salad greens. Toss together well. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve.
Lightly-toasted grainy bread roll
If you don’t like sardines, try this salad with canned tuna, salmon or chicken.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.