Wok-fried cauliflower with honey soy hoisin and pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 20g toasted pine nuts
- 10g finely chopped fresh chives, to garnish
- For the sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt light soy sauce
- ¼ cup cold vegetable stock, made with a salt-reduced stock cube
- 1 tablespoon cornflourcornstarchX combined with 2 tablespoons cold water
1 Whisk all the ingredients for the sauce together in a small jug, then set aside.
2 Heat a wok over a high heat until it starts to smoke, then add the oil. Add the cauliflower florets and stir-fry for 30 sec, then drizzle in 30ml cold water around the edge of the wok to create some steam to help cook the florets further. Keep stirring until any liquid evaporates, charring the cauliflower.
3 Pour in the sauce and stir carefully to coat the florets well. Bring the sauce to the boil and cook for about 4 min until it’s glossy and the cauliflower is tender. Garnish with the pine nuts and chives and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 1.4g
Dietary fibre 4.9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information