Chipotle chicken and chargrilled vegetable burritos
- 1 tablespoon chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus 2 teaspoons extra
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 500g chicken breast fillets
- 2 large courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, thinly sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, halved (or thickly sliced, if large)
- 2 medium capsicums(1 red, 1 yellow), thickly sliced
- 4 large wholegrain wraps
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 100g baby spinach
- fresh coriandercilantroX leaves and lime wedges, to serve
1 Combine the chipotle sauce, lime juice and maple syrup in a shallow dish. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
2 Preheat a chargrill pan or a barbecue hotplate over high heat. Lightly spray the courgettes, mushrooms and capsicum with olive oil. Cook the chicken for 3–4 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate, cover with foil and set aside to rest for about 3–4 minutes before thinly slicing.
3 Meanwhile, cook courgettes, mushrooms and capsicum for 2 minutes each side, or until golden and tender. Grill wraps for 30 seconds each side.
4 Mash avocado flesh with the extra lime juice. Top each wrap with some mashed avocado, grilled vegetables, spinach and chipotle chicken. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17.6g
–Saturated fat 4.3g
Dietary fibre 9.6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information