Balsamic chicken with warm lentil salad
- 700g lean chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups chopped broccoli, cauliflower and green beans
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt lentils, rinsed, drained
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ¹⁄³ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- juice of 1 lemon plus lemon wedges, to serve
1 Combine chicken, vinegar, garlic and cumin seeds in a large bowl. Heat half of the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan set over medium–high heat. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes per side, or until browned. Add tomato and cook for 3 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
2 Steam chopped vegetables and combine with remaining olive oil, lentils, onion, parsley and lemon juice in a large bowl.
3 Serve chicken and tomato with lentil salad and a lemon wedge.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.8g
–Saturated fat 2.5g
Dietary fibre 6.5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information