Banana, chocolate and raisin bread
(at time of publication)
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons no-added-sugar-or-salt peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 20cm x 10cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Combine raisins, vanilla and 1/4 cup boiling water in a jug. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, ground almonds, coconut, walnuts, cinnamon and chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl combine bananas, eggs and peanut butter. Mix well then add to dry ingredients. Add sultana mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into loaf tin. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden on top. Cool in tin before turning out.
This recipe may not taste as sweet as those containing sugar. We think it’s a great way to retrain your taste buds to enjoy a less sweet taste. If you prefer more sweetness, however, experiment with adding a little stevia to taste to the mixture.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free self-raising flour. Check cinnamon and chocolate chips are gluten free.
This recipe freezes well – freeze in individual slices and serve toasted.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us