Gluten-free lemongrass chicken pasta salad
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass paste (check it's gluten free)
- 4cm-piece fresh ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 150g gluten-free pasta (penne or spirals)
- 1 cup canned no-added-salt corn sweetcornXkernels
- 180g baby spinach leaves
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ¹⁄³ cup oil-free semi-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- ¹⁄³ cup loosely packed fresh coriandercilantroX or basil leaves, roughly chopped, plus extra to serve
- 3 tablespoons flaked almonds
1 Place chicken, paste, ginger, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a shallow bowl, mixing well to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, cook pasta according to packet instruction. Drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid. Transfer pasta to a large serving bowl. Add reserved liquid to stop pasta from sticking.
3 Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add marinated chicken and cook for 5–6 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
4 Add remaining ingredients to pasta, tossing gently to combine. Roughly chop cooked chicken and add to salad. Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve with extra fresh herbs.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20.3g
–Saturated fat 3.7g
Dietary fibre 7.4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.