Blackcurrant yoghurt cakes
- canola spray oil, for greasing
- ½ cup reduced-fat spread
- ¾ cup soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup wholemeal flour
- ½ teaspoon mixed spice
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 cup frozen blackcurrants or cranberries
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a muffin pan with a little spray oil. Cream spread with sugar until light and fluffy using a wooden spoon or electric beater.
2 Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3 Sieve flours with mixed spice. Fold dry ingredients into eggs with yoghurt. Add blackcurrants or cranberries. Stir in lightly.
4 Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan and level surface with a knife. Cook for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and firm to touch. Cool before icing. Ice with glacé icing and top with fresh or frozen berries of your choice.
Experiment with different fruit such as blueberries, or use a combination of fruit.
- These mini-cakes can be frozen un-iced for a month.
- Frozen fruit is good to use in this recipe as it holds its shape better.
- See our cake-baking tips, for perfect cakes every time.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.