Butter chicken with chickpeas, spinach and yoghurt
(at time of publication)
- 600g chicken breast fillets, chopped
- 495g jar Indian Tonight Reduced Fat Butter Chicken Simmer sauce
- 400g chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 cups baby spinach
- ¾ cup reduced-fat natural yoghurt, plus extra, to serve
- 2 x 250g pouches microwavable basmati rice, to serve
- coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
1 Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Add simmer sauce and stir well. Add water if desired.
2 Add chickpeas and cauliflower to pan and stir well. Reduce heat to low, cover pan and simmer for about 10 minutes or until chicken cooks through and veges are tender. Remove pan from heat and stir in baby spinach and yoghurt.
3 Meanwhile, microwave rice according to packet instructions.
4 Divide butter chicken and rice among 4 bowls, then top with an extra dollop of yoghurt. Season with black pepper, garnish with coriander and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
Make it gluten free: Check simmer sauce is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us