Caesar turkey burgers
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 anchovy, diced (optional)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 450g pack ready-made coleslaw (without dressing)
- 4 wholemeal burger buns
- 2 cups shredded cos or iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups shredded roast turkey meat*
- 1/2 onion, finely sliced in rings
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Preheat oven to 150°C. In a large serving bowl mix together garlic, anchovy (if using), lemon juice, parsley, yoghurt and two-thirds of the parmesan. Place a quarter of the mix in a small bowl and set aside.
2 Add coleslaw to remaining yoghurt mix and toss to coat. Set aside.
3 Slice buns and warm through in oven for 5 minutes. When warm, layer bases with lettuce, tomato, turkey, onion, a little of the reserved yoghurt mix and a sprinkle of parmesan to finish. Place bun lids on top.
4 Place on serving plates and serve with coleslaw.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free buns.
*Note: Cost per serve will be less if using leftovers.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)