Chargrilled eggplant, courgette and tomato salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 medium-sized eggplantaubergineXs, sliced in rounds
- 4 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, sliced diagonally
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted
- 4 mixed-grain bread rolls, to serve
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 13g
1 Heat barbecue hotplate to high or set a large grill pan over a medium heat. Spray eggplant and courgette slices with oil. Cook (in batches) each side for 3 minutes or until tender.
2 Arrange chargrilled vegetables on a large serving plate with tomato slices. Top vegetables with chickpeas and scatter with parsley.
3 Toast cumin seeds in a small, dry non-stick frying pan set over a medium heat for 1–2 minutes or until seeds are fragrant.
4 To make dressing, whisk lemon juice, garlic, oil and cumin seeds in a small bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad.
5 Serve chargrilled vegetable salad with rolls.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread rolls.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us