Black pepper chicken with mixed rice and radish salad
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, cut in half
- ¼ cup black pepper sauce
- 2 x 250g packets brown, red and wild rice medley (we used Uncle Ben’s brand), heated
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 bunch red radishes, trimmed, scrubbed, sliced
- ½ cup coriandercilantroX sprigs
- 2 shallots, sliced
- ¼ cup sesame soy dressing
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons drained pickled ginger
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Place chicken thighs in a large shallow dish. Add sauce; toss to combine. Heat a chargrill or a barbecue grill over medium-high heat. Spray chicken with oil. Add to grill; cook for 4 minutes each side, or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil; rest for 5 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, combine the rice, carrot, radish, coriander and the shallots in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Season with cracked pepper.
3 Spoon rice salad onto a large serving platter. Top with chicken, cucumber and ginger. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
To retain juices in this recipe, use a spatula or tongs to move or flip the chicken without piercing.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16.0g
–Saturated fat 2.9g
Dietary fibre 6.0g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.