Black pepper chicken with mixed rice and radish salad
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, cut in half
- ¼ cup black pepper sauce
- 2 x 250g packets brown, red and wild rice medley (we used Uncle Ben’s brand), heated
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 bunch red radishes, trimmed, scrubbed, sliced
- ½ cup coriandercilantroX sprigs
- 2 shallots, sliced
- ¼ cup sesame soy dressing
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons drained pickled ginger
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1 Place chicken thighs in a large shallow dish. Add sauce; toss to combine. Heat a chargrill or a barbecue grill over medium-high heat. Spray chicken with oil. Add to grill; cook for 4 minutes each side, or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil; rest for 5 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, combine the rice, carrot, radish, coriander and the shallots in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Season with cracked pepper.
3 Spoon rice salad onto a large serving platter. Top with chicken, cucumber and ginger. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
To retain juices in this recipe, use a spatula or tongs to move or flip the chicken without piercing.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16.0g
–Saturated fat 2.9g
Dietary fibre 6.0g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information