Chicken and soba noodle salad
- 400g skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 180g soba noodles
- ½ head broccoli
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 carrot, peeled into strips
- 310g can sweet corn, drained
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 ½ tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 teaspoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons mirin
- ½-1cm wasabi paste
1 Place chicken, stock, water, soy sauce and ginger into a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and leave chicken to cool in liquid. When cool, shred chicken.
2 Meanwhile, cook noodles in boiling water for 2 minutes. Add broccoli and cook for another 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Stir through sesame oil and set aside.
3 For the dressing, whisk together all ingredients.
4 In a large bowl, combine noodles, broccoli, chicken, carrot, corn, spring onions and sesame seeds. Pour over dressing, toss to combine and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.8g
–Saturated fat 1.9g
Dietary fibre 6.5g
Ingredients like mirin and sesame oil are good investments; they add flavour and interest to simple dishes.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us