Chicken cacciatore with creamy polenta
- 4 x 125g skinless chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed
- 1 medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 8 pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 400g jar tomato pasta sauce
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1½ cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- ¾ cup instant polenta
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 bunches broccolini, or 4 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- fresh herbs, to garnish (optional
1 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over a medium-high heat. Cook chicken thighs for 1 minute each side, or until golden.
2 Add capsicum to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes, or until just softened. Add olives, pasta sauce, wine, oregano and ¼ cup water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan set over a high heat, place stock and 1¼ cups of water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and pour in polenta in a steady stream, stirring constantly. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until soft. Stir in parmesan.
4 Serve cacciatore with creamy polenta and steamed broccolini. Garnish with herbs, if using.
Make it gluten free: Check tomato pasta sauce and stock are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.