- oil spray
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g bacon medallions, diced
- 150g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 2 rosemary sprigs, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 400ml tin light evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon plain flourall purpose flourX mixed with 3 tablespoons cold water
- 125g cooked skinless chicken breast, cut into 1cm cubes
- 250g fettucine
1 Spray a frying pan with a little oil and put over a medium-low heat. Cook the onion and garlic for 1–2 min until softened. Add the bacon and cook for 2 min, then add the mushrooms and cook for a further 2 min.
2 Stir in the herbs, evaporated milk and flour paste. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring, for 3–5 min until the sauce is thick. Add the chicken and heat for 1–2 min.
3 Meanwhile, cook the fettucine according to the pack instructions, then drain. Add it to the chicken and bacon and mix, then cook for 1 min or until heated through. Serve garnished with the extra basil and rosemary.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8.2g
–Saturated fat 3.5g
Dietary fibre 4.1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Pasta, rice and noodle dishes