Chicken patties with dukkah-spiced veggies
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX
- 1 medium eggplantaubergineX, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 red capsicums, cut into 2cm pieces (discard seeds)
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 teaspoons dukkah
- 2 x 31g wholemeal pita pockets
- 500g chicken breast mince
- 4 green shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus ½ cup extra leaves
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- ¹⁄³ cup hummus, to serve
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut 2 of the courgettes into 2cm pieces. Place the chopped zucchini, eggplant, capsicum and onion on a baking tray. Lightly spray with oil and sprinkle with dukkah. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden. Place the pita bread on a second tray and bake until crisp (5–7 min). Set aside to cool, then break into bite-size pieces.
2 Meanwhile, finely grate the remaining courgette and squeeze off excess moisture. Combine mince, shallots, parsley, lemon rind and grated zucchini in a large bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Shape into eight patties.
3 Preheat barbecue or chargrill on high. Lightly spray the patties with olive oil. Cook the patties for 3–4 minutes each side, or until they have become golden and cooked through.
4 Meanwhile, combine roasted vegetables, toasted bread and extra parsley leaves in a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and the olive oil and toss to combine. Serve patties with the salad and hummus.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16.2g
–Saturated fat 3.3g
Dietary fibre 10.8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information