Chicken san choy bau
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 500g lean chicken mince
- 2 cups mushrooms, finely diced
- 250g pouch microwaveable brown rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 cucumber, finely diced
- 2 spring onions, green part only, finely sliced
- 12 whole mixed lettuce leaves (radicchio and baby cos)
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Cook garlic and ginger for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add chicken mince and cook, breaking up mince, for 2 minutes, or until golden.
- Add mushrooms, rice, soy and oyster sauces and cook for a further 1 minute or until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir through cucumber and spring onions.
- To serve, divide chicken mixture among lettuce cups and top with bean sprouts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
Make it low FODMAP: Replace garlic with 1 tablespoon of garlic-infused oil. Use low-FODMAP oyster mushrooms.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us