Chickpea and cauliflower curry
Time to make: 30 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Indian curry paste, eg. tikka masala or tandoori
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 500g fresh or frozen cauliflower florets
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 420g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen sliced green beans
- 3 cups cooked brown basmati rice, to serve
- 1/3 cup fresh coriandercilantroX
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 11g
1 Spray a large deep saucepan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add curry paste and chilli flakes. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until mixture is fragrant.
2 Add cauliflower, tomatoes and 1 cup water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until florets are tender and heated through.
3 Add chickpeas and green beans. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
4 Top basmati rice with curry, scatter with coriander and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.