Chickpea and cauliflower curry
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons Indian curry paste, eg. tikka masala or tandoori
- ¼ teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 500g fresh or frozen cauliflower florets
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 420g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen sliced green beans
- 3 cups cooked brown basmati rice, to serve
- ⅓ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
1 Spray a large deep saucepan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add curry paste and chilli flakes. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until mixture is fragrant.
2 Add cauliflower, tomatoes and 1 cup water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until florets are tender and heated through.
3 Add chickpeas and green beans. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
4 Top basmati rice with curry, scatter with coriander and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us