Chickpea and cauliflower curry
- spray oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons Indian curry paste, eg. tikka masala or tandoori
- ¼ teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 500g fresh or frozen cauliflower florets
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 420g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen sliced green beans
- 3 cups cooked brown basmati rice, to serve
- ⅓ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
1 Spray a large deep saucepan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add curry paste and chilli flakes. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until mixture is fragrant.
2 Add cauliflower, tomatoes and 1 cup water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until florets are tender and heated through.
3 Add chickpeas and green beans. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
4 Top basmati rice with curry, scatter with coriander and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like