Chilli chicken and corn rosti
Time to make: 25 mins
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/3 cup trim milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 500g potatoes, peeled, boiled for 3-4 minutes, grated
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 400g can whole kernel corn
- 1-2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (1 big breast or leftover pickings from a roast)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to season
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder, dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water
- cooking spray, for frying
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce, to serve
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 In a bowl, combine milk and egg and whisk in flour. Fold in potato, onion, corn, chicken and seasoning. The mixture will resemble a dense sort of batter.
2 Heat a large frying pan and spray with cooking spray. Place spoonfuls of mixture in pan. Cook on each side until golden and crispy. Serve warm rosti with chilli sauce on the side and salad or seasonal vegetables.
Potatoes start to sprout if stored in humid conditions above 7°C, and in low temperatures the starch in potatoes turns to sugar and the flavour changes. So keep potatoes in a well-ventilated, cool, dark place – not in the fridge. A sturdy paper bag or cardboard box under the sink is an ideal place to store this root vegetable.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us