Banana and almond butter muffins
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- ¼ cup plus 1 heaped tablespoon almond butter
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 3 very ripe medium-size bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- ¼ cup flaked almonds or sunflower seeds
1 Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Line 2 x 12-hole muffin tins with 16 paper cases. In a large jug, combine the eggs, yoghurt, agave nectar, almond butter, milk, bananas and vanilla.
2 In a large bowl, combine the flour, bicarb, sultanas and almonds or sunflower seeds. Pour in the banana mixture and stir to just combine (don’t overmix).
3 Divide the mixture among the paper cases, then bake for 20 min or until a skewer pushed into the middle of the muffins comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5.6g
–Saturated fat 0.6g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.