Chilli prawn skewers with mango and mint salad
- 24 wooden skewers (see tip)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- ⅓ cup lime juice, plus lime wedges, to serve
- 2 long red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 800g peeled, medium raw prawns
- 3 large carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 large red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 2 cups snow peas or beans, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch bok choy, shredded
- 1 cup torn fresh mint
- 2 mangoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
1 In a shallow glass or ceramic dish, combine peanut oil, 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, half of the chilli and the fish sauce and 3 teaspoons of the ginger. Add prawns and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
2 Preheat barbecue or chargrill pan to medium-high. Thread 3 prawns onto each skewer. Grill the skewers for 2 minutes each side, or until prawns have changed colour and are cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl combine carrot, capsicum, snow peas, bok choy, mint and mango. In a small bowl, whisk remaining lime juice, fish sauce, chilli, ginger and sugar together. Add dressing to salad and gently toss.
4 To serve, divide prawn skewers among 8 plates and serve with salad and lime wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
Make it gluten free: Check fish sauce is gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Use green beans and oranges instead of mango and snow peas.
Soak wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes before using to prevent them from burning.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us