Chilli salmon with coriander salad
- 4 x 160g salmon fillets, skin on, pin bones removed
- 1 tablespoon garlic-free sweet chilli sauce
- For the coriandercilantroX salad
- 3 cups lettuce leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ large cucumber, halved lengthways and sliced
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- ½ green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1¾ cups fresh coriandercilantroX, chopped
- ½ small red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
1 Line a grill pan with foil and set an oven shelf 12cm below the grill element. Put the salmon fillets in the pan, skin-side up, and grill for 1–2 min until the skin becomes crispy.
2 Brush the salmon all over with the sweet chilli sauce and season with freshly ground black pepper, then grill on the other side for 3–4 min until cooked to your liking.
3 Meanwhile, to make the salad, mix together the lettuce, cucumber, celery, capsicum and coriander in a large bowl. Combine the chilli, lime juice, rice vinegar, fish sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl or jug, then pour over the salad. Serve with the salmon.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 3.1g
Dietary fibre 1.6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.