Citrus salmon with croutons
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- ½ cup unsweetened natural yoghurt
- 1 cup mixed soft herbs such as parsley, chives, dill, chopped
- 1 large fillet smoked salmon, roughly chopped (I used a 200g pack Regal natural wood-roasted salmon)
- 8 cups mixed leaves or mesclun
- 1 cup ready-made croutons
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 Cut the skin off the lemon and orange and cut the flesh into quarters. Remove any pips, then roughly chop the flesh and put into a bowl with the yoghurt and herbs. Season with freshly ground black pepper and mix well. Gently fold in the salmon to coat in the mixture, then put into the fridge for around 30 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
2 Meanwhile, arrange the leaves and croutons in a serving dish. Drizzle over the olive oil, then top with the salmon mixture.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 1.8g
You can make the salmon mixture the day before and keep it in the fridge. Go for meaty pieces of smoked salmon, rather than slices.
Make it gluten free: make croutons from gluten free bread.
Last updated date: 6 November 2018
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us