Five-spice pork stir-fry
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 450g pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 250g broccolini, cut into pieces
- 250g mangetout
- 250g pak choy, stems and leaves separated and chopped
- 5 tablespoon gluten-free oyster sauce
- 1 long fresh red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 x 250g packets ready-to-heat brown rice
1 Heat the oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Sprinkle the pork with the five spice powder, then stir-fry for 3–4 min until almost cooked. Transfer to a plate.
2 Add the carrot, onion, broccolini, mangetout and pak choy stems to the wok or pan along with 3tbsp water. Stir-fry for 4–5 min until the veg are tender and the water has evaporated.
3 Return the pork to the pan with the pak choy leaves, oyster sauce and half the chilli. Add 2–3 tablespoons water to thin the sauce, if necessary. Stir-fry for 2 min or until the pork is cooked through.
4 Meanwhile, heat the brown rice according to the pack instructions. Divide among 4 bowls and top with the stir-fry. Garnish with the remaining chilli slices to serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.7g
–Saturated fat 2.4g
Dietary fibre 8.1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.