- 500g cooking apples (bramley or Granny Smith), peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 tablespoons icingfrostingX sugar
- 1 ¼ cups reduced-fat natural fromage frais
- 1 ¼ cups reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons flaked/slivered almonds, toasted, to decorate
1 Put the apples in a small saucepan with 2tbsp of the icing sugar and 6tbsp water. Cover and cook over a medium heat for 10 min or until soft, then mash until smooth. Set aside to cool.
2 In a small bowl, mix the remaining icing sugar with the fromage frais, Greek-style yoghurt and half the lemon zest. Divide most of the cooled apple mixture among 4 small serving glasses. Add a layer of the yogurt mixture, then top with the remaining apple, swirling it into the yogurt if you like.
3 Decorate with the toasted almonds and remaining lemon zest, then put in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hr or overnight for a firmer set.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5.9g
–Saturated fat 1.4g
Dietary fibre 3.1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information