Corn and capsicum fritters with avocado smash
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- Fritter mix
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups corn sweetcornXkernels, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 cup chickpeagarbanzoX flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (check this is gluten free)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Avocado smash
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup broad beansfavaX, pods removed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coriandercilantroX leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Total fat 24g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 12g
1 Preheat oven to 150°C. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until translucent. Remove from heat and mix in a large bowl with corn, salt, capsicum and pumpkin seeds. Add flour and cumin, then gradually stir in water and eggs until combined.
2 Increase heat to medium-high and add remaining oil. Place 1/4 cup scoops of the mixture in the pan and gently fry. For best results, cook fritters in batches for 3-4 minutes each side until golden-brown. Place fritters in a warm oven until ready to serve.
3 To make avocado smash, place avocado flesh, broad beans and lemon juice in a large bowl. Mash together with a fork until combined. Add coriander and pepper and stir through.
4 Serve two fritters per person, topped with avocado smash, mint leaves and lime wedges.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)