(at time of publication)
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup soda waterclub soda seltzer waterX or skim milk
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½-2 cups fresh or (thawed) frozen corn sweetcornXkernels
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 medium red capsicum, deseeded, diced
1 To make cakes, measure flour into a medium-sized bowl. Add eggs, soda water, chilli sauce, spices and salt, to season. Whisk together to make a smooth batter. Add corn and the remaining ingredients to batter.
2 Preheat and lightly oil barbecue hotplate. Cook batches of cakes for 3-5 minutes each side until lightly browned on both sides and firm when pressed in the centre.
3 Sit cooked cakes on several layers of paper towels and keep warm in oven until all the mixture is cooked. Serve immediately topped with prepared salsa or bowls of sweet chilli sauce for dipping.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of self-raising flour and sweet chilli sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.