Courgette and tuna loafReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- ¾ cup couscous
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 400g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 250g cottage cheese
- 2 medium-sized courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, grated
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg
- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons light balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 lemon, zest, to garnish (optional)
- fresh parsley, to garnish (optional)
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place couscous in a large bowl, then add boiling water. Stir then cover bowl with a plate or plastic wrap.
2 After about 5 minutes, fluff couscous with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
3 Line a 7-cup-capacity loaf tin with baking paper. Spoon loaf mixture into tin and roughly level the surface. Place in the middle of oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the centre is as firm as the edge when pressed gently.
4 Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Remove from tin and garnish with lemon zest and parsley on top. Slice and serve with salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information