Courgette and tuna loaf
- ¾ cup couscous
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 400g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 250g cottage cheese
- 2 medium-sized courgettezucchiniXszucchini, summer squashX, grated
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg
- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons light balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 lemon, zest, to garnish (optional)
- fresh parsley, to garnish (optional)
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place couscous in a large bowl, then add boiling water. Stir then cover bowl with a plate or plastic wrap.
2 After about 5 minutes, fluff couscous with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
3 Line a 7-cup-capacity loaf tin with baking paper. Spoon loaf mixture into tin and roughly level the surface. Place in the middle of oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the centre is as firm as the edge when pressed gently.
4 Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Remove from tin and garnish with lemon zest and parsley on top. Slice and serve with salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like