Creamy avocado and roasted vegetable pasta salad
- 2 medium courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 275g packet baby Roma tomatoes on the vine, snipped into small bunches
- 1 bunch mini asparagus spears, diagonally cut in half
- 250g packet gluten-free chickpeagarbanzoX spiral pasta (or pasta shapes of your choice)
- 1 large avocado
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 80g baby rocketarugulaX
- ¹⁄³ pitted black olives, sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, sliced
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place courgette, capsicum and onion on the tray and spray veg with olive oil. Roast, tossing occasionally, for 15–20 minutes. Add the tomato and asparagus to the tray and roast for 5 minutes more, or until the vegetables are tender. Cool slightly.
2 Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes, or until just tender. Drain, refresh pasta under cold water. Return to pan.
3 Process the avocado, yoghurt, the juice and garlic in a food processor until smooth. Season with cracked black pepper.
4 Toss pasta with the avocado mixture until combined. Add the cooled roasted vegetables (reserving tomato and also the asparagus) and rocket leaves; toss to combine. Spoon onto a serving platter. Serve pasta salad topped with reserved tomato, asparagus, olives and egg.
This satisfying high-fibre salad is great served warm as a dinner or cooled for lunched.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18.4g
–Saturated fat 3.8g
Dietary fibre 16.3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information