Crunchy Greek falafel salad
- 400g falafel mix
- oil spray
- ¾ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 telegraph cucumber, seeds removed and chopped in 2cm chunks
- 1 red capsicum, chopped in 2cm squares
- 1 red onion, chopped in wedges
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves
- 70g feta, cut in chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Roll falafel mix into small patties (make 16 in total) and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Spray with oil. Place in the oven for about 15 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine yoghurt, lemon zest and half the juice with half the parsley leaves (finely chopped). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently combine cucumber, capsicum, onion, spinach and feta. Add remaining lemon juice and parsley. Divide between four plates.
- Serve salad with falafels (break up into smaller pieces if desired) and yoghurt sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us