Crunchy Greek falafel salad
This low calorie crunchy Greek falafel salad, is the perfect hearty vegetarian lunch or dinner. So easy and quick to make in 30 minutes, its high in fibre, iron and calcium, a delicious recipe to added to your meat-free collection.
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 400g falafel mix
- oil spray
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 telegraph cucumber, seeds removed and chopped in 2cm chunks
- 1 red capsicum, chopped in 2cm squares
- 1 red onion, chopped in wedges
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves
- 70g feta, cut in chunks
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Roll falafel mix into small patties (make 16 in total) and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Spray with oil. Place in the oven for about 15 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine yoghurt, lemon zest and half the juice with half the parsley leaves (finely chopped). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently combine cucumber, capsicum, onion, spinach and feta. Add remaining lemon juice and parsley. Divide between four plates.
- Serve salad with falafels (break up into smaller pieces if desired) and yoghurt sauce.
Browse hundreds of high-calcium recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high calcium ingredients. Browse hundreds of high-fibre recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high fibre ingredients. Improve your energy levels and resistance with a balanced, iron rich diet. Our huge collection of healthy, iron-boosting recipes are as tasty as they are easy to make. Browse hundreds of low-kilojoule recipes. Delicious low-kilojoule/calorie meal and snack ideas. Fresh, inspiring and healthy vegetarian recipes to help you maintain a balanced diet while living meat free. Our vegetarian recipes are full of goodness and perfect for vegetarians and people wanting to enjoy a meal without meat.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (4 / 5)
Author: Niki Bezzant - Editor-at-large
Photographer: Bryce Carleton2019-06-12 15:01:04
Ready to put your health first?
© Healthy Life Media LimitedAll rights reservedReproduction without permission prohibited