Eton mess bombes
- 2 cups frozen strawberries, semi defrosted
- 1¼ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 5 small meringues, crushed
- sprinkling of cinnamon, optional
- edible flowers or herbs from the garden, optional
1 Puree 1½ cups of the strawberries, then roughly mix with yoghurt and meringues. Spoon into 4 small freezeproof containers and freeze for at least 6 hours.
2 Remove containers from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
3 Puree remaining strawberries. Place on serving plates. Add the bombe. Serve with a dusting of cinnamon or a dusting of crushed meringue and flowers from the garden.
Serve as part of the Christmas dinner on a budget menu plan
Make it gluten free Check cinnamon is gluten free
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 1g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.