Fish pie with pea mash topping
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons cornflourcornstarchX
- 2 cups skim milk
- 500g hoki fillets, cut in chunks
- ¾ cup sweet corn sweetcornX(canned or frozen)
- Potato topping
- 800g mashed potatoes
- ½ cup peas
- ¼ teaspoon dried mint (optional)
- 1 tablespoons oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- spray oil
- fresh basil or parsley, chopped, to serve (optional)
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat oil in pan. Cook leek and garlic until softened. Add mustard and cook for a few more minutes.
2 Add mushrooms with thyme and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
3 Mix cornflour together with 1/4 cup milk, then add remaining milk. Add to pan and stir until thickened.
4 Add fish with corn and heat for a few minutes. Spoon into an ovenproof dish.
5 Cook peas, drain and puree roughly. Mash together with potato, dried mint and olive oil. Use to top fish. Spray with olive oil. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve with fresh chopped herbs.
Make it gluten free: Check cornflour and mustard are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information