Fresh bean salad with zingy lemon dressing
(at time of publication)
- 350g green beans, topped and tailed
- 300g flat beans, cut in half
- 200g bean sprouts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard*
- salt and black pepper, to season
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add green and flat beans. Boil for 2-3 minutes then refresh under cold water and drain.
2 To make dressing, in a small bowl whisk together all ingredients and season to taste. Combine all beans in a serving dish or on a platter. Drizzle dressing over to serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us