Grilled piri piri fish with warm rice salad
(at time of publication)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets
- oil spray
- 2 large courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, halved, thinly sliced
- 200g snow peas, thinly sliced
- 150g oil-free roasted red capsicum, drained, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
1 Combine half the garlic, half the lemon zest, all the lemon juice, chilli flakes and olive oil in a shallow glass dish. Add fish and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2 Spray a large chargrill pan or frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Grill fish for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
3 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan or wok with oil. Add remaining garlic and lemon zest, courgettes and snow peas. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender-crisp. Add capsicum and rice. Cook for 2 more minutes or until rice is heated. Stir in parsley and season with pepper.
4 Serve fish on rice salad, garnished with lemon wedges if preferred.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us