Teriyaki beef rice bowl
Last updated date: 29 November 2022
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free sake
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 500g lean rump steak, fat trimmed
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 bunches broccolini, cut into 6cm lengths
- 200g green beans, cut into 6cm lengths
- steamed brown rice, gluten-free pickled ginger and sesame seeds, to serve
1 Combine soy sauce, sake, honey, half the sesame oil and 2 teaspoons ginger in a bowl. Place half the soy mixture in a shallow dish. Add beef, turning to coat. Allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
2 Lightly spray a large chargrill or non-stick frying pan with olive oil and heat over high heat. Drain beef of excess marinade, add to pan and cook for 2–3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
3 Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large wok over high heat. Add carrot, broccolini, beans and remaining ginger and cook for 2–3 minutes or until tender.
4 Divide rice among serving bowls. Top with vegetables, beef and pickled ginger. Drizzle over remaining soy mixture, then serve scattered with sesame seeds.
Pickled-ginger is typically gluten-free, but always check the ingredients list on all products and sauces as brands do vary.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17.6g
–Saturated fat 5.6g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.