Ham and veg pita pizzas
- 4 thick wholemeal pita pockets
- ¼ cup pizza sauce or no-added-salt tomato paste
- 4 cups thinly sliced fresh vegetables (such as tomato, red onion, mushroom, zucchini and red or yellow capsicum)
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat mozzarella
- 120g shaved leg ham
- 90g baby spinach and rocketarugulaX leaves
1 Preheat grill to high. Spread pita bases with sauce or paste, then arrange sliced vegetables on top. Sprinkle over cheese.
2 Grill pizzas for 3–4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top pizzas with ham, spinach and rocket. Serve immediately.
Cutting the vegie toppings as thin as you can ensures they cook quickly and evenly. It also makes slicing the pizzas (and eating them) much easier.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.4g
–Saturated fat 4.8g
Dietary fibre 7.9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.