Spice-roasted cauliflower tacos with chilli salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 500g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 long green chilli
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 courgettezucchiniXszucchini, summer squashX, sliced
- 100g haloumi, cut into 8 slices
- butter lettuce leaves, to serve
- 8 x 26g–each soft tacos, warmed
1 Combine the cumin and the paprika in a large bowl. Add the cauliflower and toss to evenly coat in the spices. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook cauliflower, stirring, for about 3–4 minutes. Add the chickpeas and cook, stirring, for 1–2 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Keep warm.
2 Combine tomatoes, coriander, chilli and lime juice in a small bowl. Season with black pepper.
3 Lightly spray a chargrill with oil and heat over high heat. Cook courgettes and haloumi for about 1–2 minutes each side.
4 To serve, divide the lettuce, chickpea mixture and tomato salsa between tacos. Top with courgettes and haloumi to serve.
For an optional kick of citrus flavour add a few limes on the side.
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
cherry tomatoe recipes