Chicken and cauliflower curry
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs, sliced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- ¼ cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons Indian curry paste (see tip)
- 1 cup vegetable stock, made with a salt-reduced stock cube
- 200g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- handful fresh coriandercilantroX, finely chopped, to garnish
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges to serve
1 Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, then fry the chicken and onion for 5 min until the onion has softened a little and the chicken has browned. Add the capsicum and cauliflower and cook, stirring, for another 5 min.
2 Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1–2 min until fragrant, then add the stock, tomatoes and bay leaf. Simmer for 10 min or until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through. Serve garnished with the coriander, plenty of black pepper and the lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Try tikka or madras curry paste, or use harissa for a North African flavour.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8.6g
–Saturated fat 1.3g
Dietary fibre 6.5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like