Honey and thyme roasted chicken with couscous
Time to make: 20 mins , plus 30 mins marinating
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon honey plus 2 teaspoons, extra
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 lemon, 2 tablespoons juice plus 1 2/3 tablespoons extra and zest
- 4 x 150g skinless boneless chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup couscous
- oil spray
- 250g fresh or frozen broccoli
- 250g fresh or frozen green beans
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 To make marinade, mix garlic, honey, thyme and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a non-metallic bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2 Place couscous in a bowl with 1 cup boiling water. Cover and set aside for a few minutes.
3 Spray a large frying pan with oil and sear chicken over a high heat for 1-2 minutes each side until golden. Transfer to a baking tray and cook for 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
4 Meanwhile, steam or microwave frozen vegetables for 2 minutes or until hot, adding lemon zest in the last 30 seconds of cooking. Drain vegetables and add to couscous. Stir in pumpkin seeds.
5 In a bowl whisk together extra honey and lemon juice. Stir through couscous. Plate couscous then top with chicken and serve.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)