Honey and thyme roasted chicken with couscous
(at time of publication)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon honey plus 2 teaspoons, extra
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 lemon, 2 tablespoons juice plus 1 ⅔ tablespoons extra and zest
- 4 x 150g skinless boneless chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup couscous
- spray oil
- 250g fresh or frozen broccoli
- 250g fresh or frozen green beans
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
1 To make marinade, mix garlic, honey, thyme and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a non-metallic bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2 Place couscous in a bowl with 1 cup boiling water. Cover and set aside for a few minutes.
3 Spray a large frying pan with oil and sear chicken over a high heat for 1-2 minutes each side until golden. Transfer to a baking tray and cook for 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
4 Meanwhile, steam or microwave frozen vegetables for 2 minutes or until hot, adding lemon zest in the last 30 seconds of cooking. Drain vegetables and add to couscous. Stir in pumpkin seeds.
5 In a bowl whisk together extra honey and lemon juice. Stir through couscous. Plate couscous then top with chicken and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.