Kale, ham and ricotta mini frittatas
(at time of publication)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 ½ cups trimmed, chopped kale
- cracked black pepper
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup ricotta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 150g lean leg ham, diced
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a 12 x 1/3-cup capacity muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium. Gently fry onion for 2–3 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic and carrot and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until the carrot starts to soften. Add kale and cook, stirring, until kale is just wilted. Season with pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and ricotta. Add basil, kale mixture and ham and stir well. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in the oven for 20–25 minutes, or until golden, puffed and set. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Remove from tin and place on a wire rack to cool. Serve frittatas warm or cold.
Make it gluten free: Check ham is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us