Lamb cacciatoreReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 400g lamb medallions (we used Silver Fern Farms lamb medallions)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 750g orange kumarasweet-potatoX, scrubbed, cut into chunks
- 4-5 sprigs rosemary
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 6-8 black olives, stonepitXd
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 4 x 40g slices rye or other dark bread, to serve
- fresh herbs, to serve
- In a deep frying pan, heat half the oil over medium-high. Add lamb and cook for 5 minutes until browned on all sides. Remove from dish and set aside.
- In the same pan, add remaining oil and onion and cook until softened. Add kumara and stir to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients with 1½ cups water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Return lamb to dish for final 5 minutes of cooking. Add spinach for final 2 minutes. Adjust seasoning. Serve with rustic bread and fresh herbs.
- If you have some leftover red wine, you can replace some of the tomatoes with this.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check paprika is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information