- 2 tablespoons oil
- 400g lamb medallions (we used Silver Fern Farms lamb medallions)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 750g orange kumarasweet-potatoX, scrubbed, cut into chunks
- 4-5 sprigs rosemary
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 6-8 black olives, stonepitXd
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 4 x 40g slices rye or other dark bread, to serve
- fresh herbs, to serve
- In a deep frying pan, heat half the oil over medium-high. Add lamb and cook for 5 minutes until browned on all sides. Remove from dish and set aside.
- In the same pan, add remaining oil and onion and cook until softened. Add kumara and stir to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients with 1½ cups water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Return lamb to dish for final 5 minutes of cooking. Add spinach for final 2 minutes. Adjust seasoning. Serve with rustic bread and fresh herbs.
- If you have some leftover red wine, you can replace some of the tomatoes with this.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 11g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check paprika is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us