Lamb, lentil and kumara curry
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 600g lean lamb leg, diced
- 2 medium-sized onions, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- ¼ cup korma curry paste
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (215g) dried brown or dried green lentils, rinsed, drained
- 400g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, diced
- 1 small bunch silver beet, washed, stalks trimmed, central vein removed, roughly chopped
- 6 poppadums
1 Spray a large saucepan with oil. Set over a high heat. Cook diced lamb in batches for 2 minutes or until browned. Remove lamb and set aside.
2 Return pan to a medium heat and spray with oil again. Cook onions, carrot and celery, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes or until soft. Add curry paste. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
3 Return reserved lamb to pan. Add tomatoes and lentils with 3 cups water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pan and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Add kumara. Cover pan and simmer, stirring occasionally, for another 20 minutes or until lamb and kumara are tender.
4 Stir silver beet through curry. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 more minutes or until silver beet wilts and curry is thick. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
5 Microwave poppadums following packet directions. Serve curry with poppadums.
- Stir chopped fresh coriander through cooked curry for extra flavour and aroma.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free curry paste.
This curry is suitable to freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information