Black bean and mushroom burrito bowls topped with fully loaded guacamole
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- ½ bunch fresh coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped
- 30g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 400g can black beans, drained
- 250g jar enchilada sauce
- 150g mushrooms, halved
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 250g packet microwavable brown rice
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 1 yellow or red capsicum, sliced
- 100g baby spinach or rocketarugulaX
- 50g blue or regular corn sweetcornXchips
- Green chilli to serve
1 Mash avocado. Add lime juice, stir through 6 cherry tomatoes (quartered), half the coriander and all of the feta cheese.
2 Add beans, ¾ jar enchilada sauce and half of the remaining coriander to medium saucepan. Place over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring. Sauté mushrooms in a drizzle of olive oil. Prepare rice as per packet. Slice remaining cherry tomatoes in half.
3 Evenly divide and arrange all the ingredients in bowls and top with a dollop of the remaining enchilada sauce and guacamole. Sprinkle with extra coriander.
Make the guacamole the day before and this bowl can be table-ready in less than 10 minutes.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14.6g
–Saturated fat 4.0g
Dietary fibre 13.8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like