(at time of publication)
- 400g lean lamb steaks
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 capsicum, red, orange or yellow
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 courgette
- 4 button mushrooms
- 4 large (70g) wholemeal pita
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 cups rocketarugulaX or lettuce
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Cut meat in cubes (about 2cm x 2cm). Mix lemon juice with garlic and pour over meat. Leave for 15 minutes and only then heat oven grill to 220°C.
2 Wash vegetables. Cut capsicum in slices of similar size to meat. Peel onion, cut in half and separate layers. Slice courgette. Halve each mushroom. Thread veges and meat onto 8 skewers, taking care to include every type of vegetable on every skewer. For best results, alternate each meat cube with a vege.
3 Grill skewers for 8 minutes until medium brown. Serve with wholemeal pita, sliced tomatoes, rocket or lettuce leaves and yoghurt.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pita and check yoghurt is gluten free.
- Put a dried apricot onto each skewer for a hint of zesty sweetness.
- For extra taste, sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme onto skewers just before cooking.
- Adding 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika or ground coriander seeds will add a deeper flavour to the dish.
- If you’re using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before you start — this will stop the ends from burning in the oven.
- Be careful if you are using metal skewers, the ends will get extremely hot.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.