Watermelon, tomato and fig salad
(at time of publication)
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 400g mixed baby tomatoes, halved
- 4 ripe figs, quartered
- 60g baby rocketarugulaX
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 100g goat’s milk feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, to serve
1 Arrange watermelon cubes, tomatoes, figs, rocket and onion on a large serving platter.
2 Place olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl or jug, whisking to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle over salad, gently tossing to combine. Scatter over feta and toasted almonds, then serve garnished with basil.
If you can’t find goat’s milk feta, you can use a soft goat’s cheese or a reduced-fat feta instead.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8.8g
–Saturated fat 2.3g
Dietary fibre 2.7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.