(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons cornflourcornstarchX* plus 1 teaspoon extra, for sauce
- black pepper
- 600g skinless chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, ¼ cup juice
- ⅓ cup liquid no-added-salt chicken stock*
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- oil spray
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut in matchsticks
- 1 bunch choy sum, steamed
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Season cornflour with pepper and spread on a plate. Lightly coat chicken in cornflour.
2 To make sauce, place sauce ingredients and the extra cornflour in a jug. Stir until well combined and smooth. Set aside.
3 Heat a wok over a high heat and spray with oil. Stir-fry chicken in batches for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Remove from wok. Set aside.
4 Return wok to a high heat. Spray with a little more oil. Add onion and ginger. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until golden. Add sauce and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Return chicken to wok. Simmer for 1-2 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
5 Serve with choy sum and rice on the side. Garnish with spring onions.
- Instead of choy sum, serve with spinach.
- Boost the veges: Serve with a side of stir-fried mixed broccoli (1 1/2 cups) and edamame beans (1/2 cup), to add another serve of vegetables per person and 3g fibre.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us