Spicy prawn stir-fry
- 1 kumarasweet-potatoX/sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 eggplantaubergineX, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 teaspoon chipotle paste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- zest and juice 1 lime or lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 300g peeled and deveined raw prawns
- 150g mangetout
- ½ x 25g bunch fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
- 300g brown rice, cooked according to pack instructions, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Boil the kumara for 5 min or until almost tender, then drain.
2 Heat the oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan, then cook the eggplant over the highest heat for 3–4 min until golden. Add the kumara and cook for a further 3 min, stirring. Reduce the heat to medium-high, add the chipotle paste and garlic and cook for 2–3 min until the eggplant is almost tender.
3 Add the lime or lemon zest and juice, 2 tablespoons water, the prawns and the mangetout. Stir-fry for 3–4 min until the prawns are cooked. Scatter over the coriander and serve with the rice and citrus wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5.8g
–Saturated fat 1.1g
Dietary fibre 6.9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.