Barbecue seafood packet paella
- 100g snow peas, halved
- 150g prawns
- 400g white fish fillets, such as tarakihi, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed and diced
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen (defrosted)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1¼ cups arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- 2 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- handful fresh parsley to serve
1 Preheat oven to 200ºC or set barbecue on a high heat with lid down. Line 4 shallow bowls with a double layer of tin foil (approximately 30cm x 40cm). In a large bowl, place all ingredients, except stock, lemon and parsley, and mix well.
2 Divide mixture among the 4 bowls and pour ½ cup stock into each packet. Crimp foil to enclose contents and prevent steam escaping.
3 Place into oven or barbecue and reduce heat to medium. Close barbecue lid (rotate packets once or twice if there are hot spots in your barbecue) and cook for 20-25 minutes.
4 Carefully open a packet to check how cooked the paella is. If required, close and cook for a further 5-10 minutes until rice is tender.
5 Serve garnished with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.
Make it gluten free: Check stock and paprika are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Replace prawns with drained tinned cannellini beans and tarakihi with cubes of firm tofu. Replace chicken stock with Massell Chicken Stock.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.