Barbecue seafood packet paella
- 100g snow peas, halved
- 150g prawns
- 400g white fish fillets, such as tarakihi, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed and diced
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen (defrosted)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1¼ cups arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- 2 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- handful fresh parsley to serve
1 Preheat oven to 200ºC or set barbecue on a high heat with lid down. Line 4 shallow bowls with a double layer of tin foil (approximately 30cm x 40cm). In a large bowl, place all ingredients, except stock, lemon and parsley, and mix well.
2 Divide mixture among the 4 bowls and pour ½ cup stock into each packet. Crimp foil to enclose contents and prevent steam escaping.
3 Place into oven or barbecue and reduce heat to medium. Close barbecue lid (rotate packets once or twice if there are hot spots in your barbecue) and cook for 20-25 minutes.
4 Carefully open a packet to check how cooked the paella is. If required, close and cook for a further 5-10 minutes until rice is tender.
5 Serve garnished with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
Make it gluten free: Check stock and paprika are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Replace prawns with drained tinned cannellini beans and tarakihi with cubes of firm tofu. Replace chicken stock with Massell Chicken Stock.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us