Lentil and cashew patties with carrot and beetroot salad
Last updated date: 30 August 2021
- ½ cup raw unsalted cashews
- 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed (or 1½ cups cooked brown lentils)
- ½ cup whole rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup wholemeal flour, plus 2 tablespoons extra for coating
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 carrots, grated
- 1 large beetrootbeetsX, grated
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- tzatziki and fresh mint leaves, to serve
1 Toast cashews in a large frying pan over medium heat for 2 minutes or until just golden. Remove and roughly chop.
2 Put lentils, oats, egg, flour and Worcestershire sauce in the bowl of food processor and blitz until well combined. Stir through 1 cup carrot and cashews. Shape mixture into 12 patties, coat in flour and set aside. Heat a good drizzle of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches, cook patties for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden and heated through.
3 Combine remaining carrot, beetroot, vinegar, juice and a drizzle of olive oil in a large bowl. Serve patties and salad garnished with tzatziki and mint.
For extra tang and flavour, you can add a drizzle of pomegranate molasses to the carrot and beetroot salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17.3g
–Saturated fat 3.2g
Dietary fibre 12.7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.