Light lemon and herb fish with mixed-bean salad
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus extra 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, plus extra 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus extra 1 tablespoon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed, cut in 5cm lengths
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded, thinly sliced
- 400g can four-bean mix, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- lemon wedges, to serve
1 Combine parsley, dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic and avocado oil in a small bowl. Cut 4 x 30cm-square pieces of baking paper and 4 x 30cm-square pieces of tinfoil. Layer each piece of baking paper on a tinfoil piece. Place 1 fish fillet in the centre of each tinfoil piece. Drizzle each with one-quarter of the herb mixture.
2 Fold tinfoil edges to enclose fish and form a parcel. Preheat a grill pan or barbecue to high. Cook parcels for 10-12 minutes or until fish is just cooked.
3 Meanwhile, bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to the boil. Immerse green beans to blanch until just tender. Refresh green beans in cold water. Drain well.
4 Place green beans, tomatoes, bean mix and extra parsley, dill, olive oil and lemon juice in a large bowl. Season with freshly ground cracked black pepper and stir to combine.
5 Divide mixed-bean salad among plates, top with fish and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 12g
For a slightly more substantial meal, add a slice of wholegrain bread.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us